From: SteveH on
Arrived yesterday.

All very nice and shiny.

But the one feature I thought I'd be getting is still not properly
implemented...

No support for OWA / Activesync.

Gah!

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
From: Ben Shimmin on
SteveH <steve(a)italiancar.co.uk>:
> Arrived yesterday.
>
> All very nice and shiny.
>
> But the one feature I thought I'd be getting is still not properly
> implemented...
>
> No support for OWA / Activesync.
>
> Gah!

(Assuming OWA == Outlook Web Access) why did you think you'd be
getting that? Surely it's up to Microsoft to make the full version
compatible with browsers other than IE (presumably by removing whatever
rubbish proprietary technology it uses).

b.

--
<bas(a)bas.me.uk> <URL:http://bas.me.uk/>
`...the Plain English Campaign [...] says some officials only use Latin to
From: SteveH on
Ben Shimmin <bas(a)llamaselector.com> wrote:

> SteveH <steve(a)italiancar.co.uk>:
> > Arrived yesterday.
> >
> > All very nice and shiny.
> >
> > But the one feature I thought I'd be getting is still not properly
> > implemented...
> >
> > No support for OWA / Activesync.
> >
> > Gah!
>
> (Assuming OWA == Outlook Web Access) why did you think you'd be
> getting that? Surely it's up to Microsoft to make the full version
> compatible with browsers other than IE (presumably by removing whatever
> rubbish proprietary technology it uses).

No, you misunderstand.

With an iPhone, for example, you can stick in your OWA server details,
eg: webmail.myemployers.co.uk and get push email / contacts and calendar
sync.

You can't do this with Snow Leopard.

I'm assuming MS are only allowing Apple full access to OWA / ActiveSync
technology for mobile devices and not for full-size computers.

Office for Mac arrives tomorrow [1], hopefully, so Entourage may fix
this for me.

[1] Mrs H is at an approved educational establishment, so I've taken
advantage of the 'Software4Students' thing :)

From: Ben Shimmin on
SteveH <steve(a)italiancar.co.uk>:

[...]

> No, you misunderstand.

Oh, sorry. I should know better than to enter into discussions about
all this Exchange malarkey -- I'll be offering analysis of EastEnders
next!

b.

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:48:16 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH)
wrote:

>Ben Shimmin <bas(a)llamaselector.com> wrote:
>
>> SteveH <steve(a)italiancar.co.uk>:
>> > Arrived yesterday.
>> >
>> > All very nice and shiny.
>> >
>> > But the one feature I thought I'd be getting is still not properly
>> > implemented...
>> >
>> > No support for OWA / Activesync.
>> >
>> > Gah!
>>
>> (Assuming OWA == Outlook Web Access) why did you think you'd be
>> getting that? Surely it's up to Microsoft to make the full version
>> compatible with browsers other than IE (presumably by removing whatever
>> rubbish proprietary technology it uses).
>
>No, you misunderstand.
>
>With an iPhone, for example, you can stick in your OWA server details,
>eg: webmail.myemployers.co.uk and get push email / contacts and calendar
>sync.
>
>You can't do this with Snow Leopard.

I don't have access to an Exchange 2007 sp1r4 to test it, but Ars
Technica do and they said it works just like that:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6.ars/19

Maybe the autodiscovery is set up inappropiately on yours?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"I went to a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry,
and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt." -- Eric Pivnik