From: Rob on
For some reason my C2D iMac, latest everything, keeps waking without any
apparent reason. I thought it was the mouse, but even when unplugged it
happens.

The console messages don't seem to be consistent, but this latest is
different:

Wake reason = EHC1 EHC2 UHC4

'UHC4' hasn't cropped up before - anyone know what it means? Or any
other possible solution?

Thanks, Rob
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2008-12-23 09:30:43 +0000, Rob <patchoulianREMOVETHIS(a)gmail.com> said:

> For some reason my C2D iMac, latest everything, keeps waking without
> any apparent reason. I thought it was the mouse, but even when
> unplugged it happens.
>
> The console messages don't seem to be consistent, but this latest is different:
>
> Wake reason = EHC1 EHC2 UHC4
>
> 'UHC4' hasn't cropped up before - anyone know what it means? Or any
> other possible solution?

I think they're referring to devices on particular USB hubs, as there
are USB controller standards called EHCI and UHCI (and OHCI). I looked
at System Profiler.app, but it didn't really give enough details.
However USB Prober.app (part of Xcode) will show you the details you
need to identify the device.

--
Chris

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:30:43 +0000, Rob
<patchoulianREMOVETHIS(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>For some reason my C2D iMac, latest everything, keeps waking without any
>apparent reason. I thought it was the mouse, but even when unplugged it
>happens.
>
>The console messages don't seem to be consistent, but this latest is
>different:
>
>Wake reason = EHC1 EHC2 UHC4
>
>'UHC4' hasn't cropped up before - anyone know what it means? Or any
>other possible solution?

All three of those are USB port references, so it's something on the
USB chain that's doing it. Almost certainly a USB2 device, if that
narrows things down at all.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when was the
From: Simon Slavin on
On 23/12/2008, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote in message
<jvh1l45h37o89er7r3ltdppougksfmk5gd(a)newsposting.sessile.org>:

> All three of those are USB port references, so it's something on the
> USB chain that's doing it. Almost certainly a USB2 device, if that
> narrows things down at all.

Agreed. So the question to ask is ... what do you have plugged in via USB
? Include everything including hubs and the equipment (keyboard and
mouse) supplied with the computer.

Simon.
--
http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk
From: Eddie on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:30:43 +0000, Rob <patchoulianREMOVETHIS(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > For some reason my C2D iMac, latest everything, keeps waking without any
> > apparent reason. I thought it was the mouse, but even when unplugged it
> > happens.
> >
> > The console messages don't seem to be consistent, but this latest is
> > different:
> >
> > Wake reason = EHC1 EHC2 UHC4
> >
> > 'UHC4' hasn't cropped up before - anyone know what it means? Or any
> > other possible solution?
>
> All three of those are USB port references, so it's something on the USB
> chain that's doing it. Almost certainly a USB2 device, if that narrows
> things down at all.

My daughter had a problem very recently, which turned out to be the 'Enter'
key on the number keypad which had stuck down. (We had recently cleaned the
keyboard by taking some of the keys off).

--
Regards
Eddie