First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Jumpstart 1280
List, I have a task to junpstart an old 1280 to Solaris 10. I'm a newbie to jumpstart. Someone sort of chuckled and said that the 1280 would be a challenge to jumpstart. I assume this is because the console access may not be as simple as current Sun models. Can anyone give me any insights as to what I should exp... 27 Oct 2009 18:09
format probelm - Warning: Non-contiguous partition (0) in table.
I installed Solaris 10 3/2005 on a Sun Netra T1 (I had reasons for wanting to do this with the first release of Solaris 10). I did not allocate all the disk space, thinking I'd leave some left so I could create a zfs pool. (I'd forgotten that ZFS was not intreduced until more recently. So I thought I'd modify the... 26 Oct 2009 16:42
Migrating to ZFS
We have a number of machines that are using SDS to mirror the disks but are considering migrating them to ZFS root file systems. I am in a bit of a quandry about how to do this. I have read over the ZFS Admin manual at http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/819-5461/819-5461.pdf which says I will need to do Live Upgrade to co... 29 Oct 2009 23:11
Help needed because C++ free() does not give the memory back to the system
Hi all, I had to port a feeder process from Windows to Solaris. I did it successfully but then met a huge memory problem at run time. I explain: I have to run 12 instances of this same feeder process (each started with a different command line). At initialisation time, one instance need 2 GB to initialize ... 24 Oct 2009 04:34
some time when i login to my server using ssh it show me error like ssh jakarta ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host thank you so much. ... 12 Nov 2009 17:22
Creating a patch
9 years later, and this info is still nowhere to be found! How does one create a Solaris Patch around a sparse package? The APDG has patching scripts, and some vague information, but the patch info that surrounds the sparse patch package is undocumented. I, as with the previous poster (see below), was able t... 3 Nov 2009 12:38
HP printers in SOLARIS 10
Dear all, we are using cups 1.1.20 on our Sparc running Solaris 10 5/09 where printers from XEROX and HP are to be used. By copying the XEROX .ppd files to /opt/sfw/cups/share/cups /model we are able to setup the XEROX printers via the GUI where we select the relevant drivers under the Model XEROX menu. Now we w... 19 Oct 2009 11:55
shlight question
I set up a windows share using shlight on a Solaris 10 Unix server: /usr/local/bin/shlight //1.9.87.56/EFTile /mypit -U roguser -W MANAGED -P coolday -F . -F . It works fine. But no matter what I do someone on the unix /mypit can go and update/ delete/add files. How can I restrict users from having upd... 14 Oct 2009 13:39
INN 2.5.0 vs. Solaris 10 SPARC
Hello everybody! Someone here who was able to set up the newest version von INN (version 2.5.0) on Solaris 10 SPARC? It is ginving me the following error messages after 'make' ('configure' runs fine): ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to innd collect2: ld returned 1 exit status *** ... 12 Oct 2009 09:33
Installing Sol10 from DVD - USB drive as flash archive source?
OK. First I managed to format the removable USB drive as UFS. Then I could mount it as a UFS drive and copy my flash archive file onto it. I've got another machine that I want to install Solaris 10 and use this flash archive. So I boot from DVD and was hoping to be able to specify the USB drive as location of fla... 8 Oct 2009 11:10