From: Joe Sloppy on
I did this for some other software and it worked, but then I noticed
extreme slowdowns, so I just found something else, wink, to run it. By
the way, every version of SolidWorks I have had, it ran with no hasp,
what is this hasp version? Why not get no hasp version, just serials to
enter.

From: Jo on
Joe Sloppy wrote:
> I did this for some other software and it worked, but then I noticed
> extreme slowdowns, so I just found something else, wink, to run it. By
> the way, every version of SolidWorks I have had, it ran with no hasp,
> what is this hasp version? Why not get no hasp version, just serials to
> enter.

All versions outside of the US have dongles.

From: awtltd on
Jerry,
I've just gone through this loop and I bought a AlienWare laptop (it
has a parallel port) instead of the Dell - I'll be adding a review
soon.

Anyway I spoke to my VAR and they said it would cost me £135 to buy a
USB dongle! Take it or leave it!

Kev

From: //im on
The dongles are connected to the parallel port (the female 25 pin
connector). This is not a RS-232 port, so not serial, but parallel and you
should need a USB to parallel converter.

"> I've been using Solidworks for years with a MemoHASP-1 security Device
> plugged into the back of the PC - all my PC-s have had a 25 pin RS-232
> female connector addressed by the PC as LPT-1 somewhere at the back.
> I have just bought a Dell Laptop - it has no 25 pin connector , but plenty
> of USB ports.
> So I bought a USB to serial converter cable, complete with installation
> software.
> The Laptops Win-XP system recognises that the cable is there, but
Solidworks

From: Gary Rose on

<awtltd(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
Jerry,
I've just gone through this loop and I bought a AlienWare laptop (it
has a parallel port) instead of the Dell - I'll be adding a review
soon.

Anyway I spoke to my VAR and they said it would cost me ý135 to buy a
USB dongle! Take it or leave it!

Kev

We managed to get a ý135 reduction on next years subscription when we
swapped out our dongles for USB versions just by making a lot of noise and
complaining like hell!

Regards Gary

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2