From: Jerry Donnan on
I've been using Solidworks for years with a MemoHASP-1 security Device
plugged into the back of the PC - all my PC-s have had a 25 pin RS-232
female connector addressed by the PC as LPT-1 somewhere at the back.
I have just bought a Dell Laptop - it has no 25 pin connector , but plenty
of USB ports.
So I bought a USB to serial converter cable, complete with installation
software.
The Laptops Win-XP system recognises that the cable is there, but Solidworks
will not recognise that its security device is present.
Has ANYONE out there had a similar problem and fixed it???

regards

Jerry

From: John Layne on
Only one suggestion, get a USB dongle from your VAR. I ended up paying
about $75 NZ.

Regards

John Layne
From: Giorgis on
You can get a parallel port card as well. I assume that would work.

From: Laz on
sw should provide it for free, after all it is their software,and you bought
the license to use it.

Laz

"John Layne" <JohnDON'TBUGMEWITHSPAM(a)solidengineering.co.nz> wrote in
message news:85aNe.3909$iM2.380837(a)news.xtra.co.nz...

From: John Layne on

http://www.software-key.org/haspsbs.html NOT SURE IF THIS IS LEGAL !

John Layne
 |  Next  |  Last