From: oregonsbigfir on
Very strange issue here. I would be most grateful if anyone could
shed some light on it.

I have a user that created an archive PST file and created 2 folders
to store all the very important emails he received from 2 individuals
involving a major project (unfortunately he did not leave the email
somewhere in his Exchange mailbox, and his PST file, which I had no
knowledge of, was not backed up)

After he moved the emails to this archive PST file, he says he was
able to access all the email fine for months. Now all of a sudden,
all of the emails from one of the two folders now have a blank body!

The other folder in the archive PST is still fine. I can create
another folder and move emails to it fine. I can move emails to the
folder with all the blank-body emails, and those emails are fine.
Yet, all 333 emails that were in this one folder in the archive PST
have a blank body.

The weird thing is, it is just the body that is blank. The Subject,
From, To, and Date fields all show up fine, and attachments are there
and open fine for all emails that had attachments.

When I check the folder sizes for the archive PST, the folder in
question is reported as the largest folder size of 158MB.

I have run Scanpst.exe on the archive.pst and it finds no errors.

I have opened the PST file into Outlook (same version -- Outlook XP
SP3) on another computer, and the same behavior occurs, so I'm leaning
strongly toward something being wrong with the PST file.

Any ideas on how I might be able to recover these emails so the body
shows up? Or are they likely gone forever, and it's time to contact
the sender to see if he can send copies from his Sent folder?