From: okii on
Some of my emails will go to my outbox when i try to send them out. they will
sit there and not go out... the addresses are correct that i am sending to.
What can i do???
From: PootyTan on
okii wrote:
> Some of my emails will go to my outbox when i try to send them out. they will
> sit there and not go out... the addresses are correct that i am sending to.
> What can i do???

well, when the messages are in your outbox and you not getting a server
error then most of the times is because of typo or something. and
sometimes you could sent it inside your network but not outside and
thats because your server its having problems
From: Mary on
Make sure the Outbox is not selected or highlighted when you press
Send/receive or during a scheduled Send. For some reason, Outlook 2003 thinks
you are still working on the item if the focus is on the Outbox. IMO, it's a
bug in OL. If you edit an email, you must press Send in the email again.

From: Jeff Stephenson [MSFT] on
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:31:03 -0800, okii wrote:

> Some of my emails will go to my outbox when i try to send them out. they will
> sit there and not go out... the addresses are correct that i am sending to.
> What can i do???

Do you get any error messages? If not, do you have any anti-virus software
that scans your outgoing messages? If so, turn off that scan - it can
interfere with Outlook sending.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development
From: Jeff Stephenson [MSFT] on
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:15:04 -0800, Mary wrote:

> Make sure the Outbox is not selected or highlighted when you press
> Send/receive or during a scheduled Send. For some reason, Outlook 2003 thinks
> you are still working on the item if the focus is on the Outbox. IMO, it's a
> bug in OL. If you edit an email, you must press Send in the email again.

To my knowledge, Outlook does not behave in this way (I just tried it).
One thing that *can* affect sending is having add-ins that want to inspect
messages - try disabling any add-ins and see if that corrects the problem.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development