Prev: Fresh Pots
Next: Face Jam
From: polymod on

"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> I wondered about that one as soon as I read it LOL

I like how "XXXOOO" turns into "EXXON"

:)

Poly

From: Ben Berman on
polymod wrote:
> "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
>> I wondered about that one as soon as I read it LOL
>
> I like how "XXXOOO" turns into "EXXON"
>
> :)
>
> Poly

8-) At first I couldn't figure out what you were going for - then I
realized. I'd written that guy off since "Land of the Midnite Sun", when
I realized he was playing the same lines he'd been playing since "Where
Have I known You Before?" That's when I saw them at Central Park.
DiMeola had just started playing with the band. Thrilling, but quickly
tiring. You got that right about Connors' feel - he was a big hero of
mine - Chick's fusion music never got any better than Connors-era RTF.
So many ideas packed into each song - a hallmark of the times.

bzb

--
THE SONG FACTORY
Words and Music, made to order(TM)

WWW: http://www.thesongfactory.com
From: polymod on

"Ben Berman" <no(a)thanks.net> wrote in message
> polymod wrote:
> > "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> >> I wondered about that one as soon as I read it LOL
> >
> > I like how "XXXOOO" turns into "EXXON"
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Poly
> >

> 8-) At first I couldn't figure out what you were going for - then I
> realized. I'd written that guy off since "Land of the Midnite Sun", when
> I realized he was playing the same lines he'd been playing since "Where
> Have I known You Before?" That's when I saw them at Central Park.
> DiMeola had just started playing with the band. Thrilling, but quickly
> tiring. You got that right about Connors' feel - he was a big hero of
> mine - Chick's fusion music never got any better than Connors-era RTF.
> So many ideas packed into each song - a hallmark of the times.

Couldn't have put it any better Ben.

Poly

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:Xns9D575569FCD28BrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)69.16.185.247 the killer
robot
> Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I liked his solo album after RTF, "The Leprechaun"
>
> Wow, I forgot how cool this album is. I gotta go re-buy it now.

Joe Farrell just plain smokes on that album. A big influence on my back in
'76 for sure.

> My practice wife took my vinyl copy of it.

My practice wife took my Crumar Orchestrator. You're lucky.

;)

Poly

From: polymod on

> In news:4bc1e7c2$0$5010$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Wow, I forgot how cool this album is. I gotta go re-buy it now.
> >
> > Joe Farrell just plain smokes on that album. A big influence on my
> > back in '76 for sure.
> >
> >> My practice wife took my vinyl copy of it.
> >
> > My practice wife took my Crumar Orchestrator. You're lucky.
>
> Well, along with the entire album collection sans Zappa, mine took a
> $1500 eighty eight wooden key, Roland MKB-1000 midi controller, a
> Sequential Circuits Six-Trak, Max, Tom, a Yamaha DX11, a vintage Gibson
> EBO, a Kramer 6-string w/Floyd Rose, a really really nice Story & Clark
> Console, and some other stuff.

Ouch! Sorry I brought it up!

>Fortunately, I got better stuff now,
> including wife 2.0!!! ;)