Prev: Reaper question
Next: Allair
From: polymod on
Kind of a "floaty" piece. Think beach, water, cool almost-fall breeze, cold
drink of your choice....

http://www.sonicmusic.net/September_Dreaming.mp3

Mostly done with the Proteus VX (Piano, right channel synth lead, drums,
pad, guitar).
Bass is the 01W.
Left channel lead is the Minimoog VA.
The ending pad is the Wusikstation.
The rest is Kontakt and EWQL.
:)
Poly

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:4c4b1e4b$0$31262$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > Kind of a "floaty" piece. Think beach, water, cool almost-fall breeze,
> > cold drink of your choice....
> >
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/September_Dreaming.mp3
> >
> > Mostly done with the Proteus VX (Piano, right channel synth lead,
> > drums, pad, guitar).
> > Bass is the 01W.
> > Left channel lead is the Minimoog VA.
> > The ending pad is the Wusikstation.
> > The rest is Kontakt and EWQL.
>
> Way cool! Very rich sounding textures!!!

Thanks! Anyone that didn't snag that Proteus freebie is nutz!

Poly

From: polymod on

> In news:4c4b2aa4$0$31266$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> Way cool! Very rich sounding textures!!!
>>
>> Thanks! Anyone that didn't snag that Proteus freebie is nutz!
>
> It's my goto synth for a lot of things. Most if not all the samples are
> Emu, and they've always made nice playing, sits in the mix well sounds.

One of my buddies has a hardware Proteus that he's used for years. Still
hard to beleive they give away the soft synth version.

Poly

From: polymod on

> In news:4c4b300c$0$31263$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> It's my goto synth for a lot of things. Most if not all the samples
> >> are Emu, and they've always made nice playing, sits in the mix well
> >> sounds.
> >
> > One of my buddies has a hardware Proteus that he's used for years.
> > Still hard to beleive they give away the soft synth version.
>
> You can *buy* sound banks for the Proteus. Maybe they are hoping you'll
> want more sounds. Like the free razor, in hopes that you'll buy blades.

Good point.

Poly

From: John Braner on
On 24/07/2010 18:06, polymod wrote:
> Kind of a "floaty" piece. Think beach, water, cool almost-fall breeze, cold
> drink of your choice....
>
> http://www.sonicmusic.net/September_Dreaming.mp3
>
> Mostly done with the Proteus VX (Piano, right channel synth lead, drums,
> pad, guitar).
> Bass is the 01W.
> Left channel lead is the Minimoog VA.
> The ending pad is the Wusikstation.
> The rest is Kontakt and EWQL.
> :)
> Poly

Hey Poly - very nice indeed!

This reminds me of Shadowfax, and that cool 80's jazzy synth sound. Like
when I used to go to Tower records to buy real vinyl records ;-)

And before it "evolved" into the more cheesy "cool jazz".

Very nice sounds.

--
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk