From: Niklas Engfelt on
I have Windows 2003 x64 edition, which is basically the same as XP x64.
I have a Sony DCR-HC90E DV-camera, and when I connect it with FireWire,
it only comes up as "61883 Class Bus Device" with a yellow exclamation
mark.

Any ideas why it is not shown properly? I have tried Pinnacle 10.1 and
Nero Vision 7 and they cannot find any sources. (of course when it is a
yellow exclamation mark)

From: Nikonja on
On 15 Jan 2006 13:45:34 -0800, Niklas Engfelt wrote:

> I have Windows 2003 x64 edition, which is basically the same as XP x64.
> I have a Sony DCR-HC90E DV-camera, and when I connect it with FireWire,
> it only comes up as "61883 Class Bus Device" with a yellow exclamation
> mark.
>
> Any ideas why it is not shown properly? I have tried Pinnacle 10.1 and
> Nero Vision 7 and they cannot find any sources. (of course when it is a
> yellow exclamation mark)

Is there any driver you can install ?
From: Niklas Engfelt on
I called Sony and they said that there were only an USB driver for
32-bit Windows and that FireWire should work automatically. They didn't
have any 64-bit drivers. He said FireWire was faster and better as well
especially with higher resolution DV-cameras like mine.

From: Jud Hendrix on
On 16 Jan 2006 11:37:52 -0800, "Niklas Engfelt" <engfelt(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe you could try and force to install the drivers by doing a manual
driver-update in the Device Manager, and then select the Sony
Firewire-drivers for the camera. I tried that once in Windows 2000 (I
think) when it didn't recognize my camera properly, and that worked.

jud
From: Paul on
In article <1137440272.432714.34380(a)g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Niklas
Engfelt" <engfelt(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I called Sony and they said that there were only an USB driver for
> 32-bit Windows and that FireWire should work automatically. They didn't
> have any 64-bit drivers. He said FireWire was faster and better as well
> especially with higher resolution DV-cameras like mine.

61883 is an IEC specification. It has a number of parts, one of
which has to do with "plugs" and control of the Firewire interface.
(I can see references to IEC61883 in a search engine, but no
good abstract of what the standard actually contains.)

Apparently DirectShow has something to do with this. Perhaps
installing DirectX will resolve the problem ?

Just a guess,
Paul