From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dave Lapierre" <Dave Lapierre(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I completely understand what this person is trying to do as I have the same
> issue. I only use the rules to sort my email as it arrives. For example I
> have several rules that move emails into a "travel" folder. I have one for
> United Airlines, one for Jet Blue etc and each rule puts mail into a folder
> called "travel" In retrospec I could have created one giant rule called
> Travel where it is the logical or of a bunce of items but I did not think to
> set it up that way.

For many rules, it won't matter how you've listed them but for some, execution
order is crucial and moving one rule to a different position in relation to
another can alter what the rules do.

The MVP Summit is being held in Seattle right now and one MVP is bringing a
list of requests for things to implement in Outlook 2010. On that list is a
rules editor. Perhaps it will eventually make it into Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]