From: ela on
I searched by Google about whether Excel can sort more than 65535 rows but
the result is confusing. Does anybody encounter the same situation as mine
that some rows remain unsort when you are sorting a large table with, say, >
100,000 rows?

From: Dave Peterson on
xl2007 supports up to a million rows.

xl2003 and below only allow 64k rows, so sorting more than that isn't built into
excel.

--

Dave Peterson
From: ela on

"Dave Peterson" <petersod(a)verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message
> xl2007 supports up to a million rows.
>
> xl2003 and below only allow 64k rows, so sorting more than that isn't
> built into
> excel.
>

> ela wrote:
>>
>> I searched by Google about whether Excel can sort more than 65535 rows
>> but
>> the result is confusing. Does anybody encounter the same situation as
>> mine
>> that some rows remain unsort when you are sorting a large table with,
>> say, >
>> 100,000 rows?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

I thought so... But my newly installed Win server 2008 R2 with the Office
2007 appears to tell me another story... If I select the unsort rows (may be
about hundreds), then withing the selection, it sort perfectly well. If
expanding to the whole >100,000 rows, they are deadly unsort.