From: Gary on
A very frequent annoyance:

A mutual fund issues a dividend and a LT capital gain.
The distributions are all reinvested in the same fund.

I download three transactions, all dated 12/18/2009:

Div
LT Capital gain
Purchase of additional shares in the fund

Guess what order they come out in: First the purchase, then the distributions.

This offends my sensibilities; how can I purchase shares with money
that's not yet there?

So I have a choice of how to handle it in Quicken:

(1) Convert the distributions to reinvestments (requires doing some arithmetic)
(2) Change the purchase date to 12/19/2009.

Is there a cleaner way to handle this annoyance?