From: Smirnoff on
Although I turn off all alerts in Sounds and Audio Devices I notice that I
have some programs listed that I no longer have on my computer. One example
is Avast! Antivirus. I uninstalled this and then used the complete removal
tool before installing MSE.

There does not appear to be a way of deleting the program from the list. As
stated, I don't want any system or program sound alerts but I notice that IE
is not a listed program should I change my mind.

How do you add/remove programs in Sounds and Audio Devices?

From: dadiOH on
Smirnoff wrote:
> Although I turn off all alerts in Sounds and Audio Devices I notice
> that I have some programs listed that I no longer have on my
> computer. One example is Avast! Antivirus. I uninstalled this and
> then used the complete removal tool before installing MSE.
>
> There does not appear to be a way of deleting the program from the
> list. As stated, I don't want any system or program sound alerts but
> I notice that IE is not a listed program should I change my mind.
>
> How do you add/remove programs in Sounds and Audio Devices?

There are no programs there. If you want to dump the driver for some
*hardware* device...

Hardware tab
Select device
Properties
Driver
Uninstall

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Smirnoff on

"dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> Smirnoff wrote:
>> Although I turn off all alerts in Sounds and Audio Devices I notice
>> that I have some programs listed that I no longer have on my
>> computer. One example is Avast! Antivirus. I uninstalled this and
>> then used the complete removal tool before installing MSE.
>>
>> There does not appear to be a way of deleting the program from the
>> list. As stated, I don't want any system or program sound alerts but
>> I notice that IE is not a listed program should I change my mind.
>>
>> How do you add/remove programs in Sounds and Audio Devices?
>
> There are no programs there. If you want to dump the driver for some
> *hardware* device...
>
> Hardware tab
> Select device
> Properties
> Driver
> Uninstall
>
> --
>
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Thanks but cannot see anything that relates to Avast!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
> I notice that IE is not a listed program...

....in Sounds and Audio Device | Sounds tab | Program Events, I assume.

IE is part & parcel of Windows. IE's Sounds (e.g., Information Bar; Start
Navigation) are listed under Windows Explorer.

As for "leftover" programs in Program Events, I don't know of a legit way to
remove these other than a Reg hack or running a <spit> "Registry cleaner."
(My "leftovers" include WinPatrol & MSN Chat.)

Remember the First Rule of Computers: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

From: Motor T on
Smirnoff wrote:
> Although I turn off all alerts in Sounds and Audio Devices I notice that
> I have some programs listed that I no longer have on my computer. One
> example is Avast! Antivirus. I uninstalled this and then used the
> complete removal tool before installing MSE.
>
> There does not appear to be a way of deleting the program from the list.
> As stated, I don't want any system or program sound alerts but I notice
> that IE is not a listed program should I change my mind.
>
> How do you add/remove programs in Sounds and Audio Devices?

Not sure I understand the problem stated, but, if left over files are
bothering you use Revo for uninstalling programs. Does a good job of
hosing the system of all files. It's free.
http://revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html