From: E. Hill on
We've been using stage tape from American DJ for years... Recently, they
changed to Intertape AC36, which is a medium-strength duct tape that leaves
lots of residue.

Any suggestions on a decent tape that can be used on carpet? (We use
Permacel 665 for gaff tape, but it doesn't seem to stick well to carpet.)

Thanks.

Eric

From: Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion on

E. Hill wrote:
> We've been using stage tape from American DJ for years... Recently, they
> changed to Intertape AC36, which is a medium-strength duct tape that leaves
> lots of residue.
>
> Any suggestions on a decent tape that can be used on carpet? (We use
> Permacel 665 for gaff tape, but it doesn't seem to stick well to carpet.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Eric

Try Vincent Lighting Systems
Cleveland 800-922-5356
Pittsburgh 800-877-5356
Cincinnati 800-356-5356
Grand-Vincent Detroit 800-644-7263

www.vincentlighting.com/

They supply a variety of Gaff tape, spike tape,
and board tapes.

From: D Parker on
What is a spike tape?

DP
"Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion" <westpase-he_ac(a)hotmail.com> wrote
in message news:1158783173.808654.70520(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

From: Jonny on
E. Hill wrote:
> We've been using stage tape from American DJ for years... Recently, they
> changed to Intertape AC36, which is a medium-strength duct tape that leaves
> lots of residue.
>
> Any suggestions on a decent tape that can be used on carpet? (We use
> Permacel 665 for gaff tape, but it doesn't seem to stick well to carpet.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Eric

I've been using Pro-Gaff for years, great adhesion, very little residue
even after months. It's up to about $20 a roll for 1-1/2" and I get
mine from Applied Audio in Rochester, NY
(http://www.theatresupply.com/). They'll ship UPS and take credit card
over the phone.

Jon Dayton
BNB Sound

From: Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion on

D Parker wrote:
> What is a spike tape?
>
> DP
> "Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion" <westpase-he_ac(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> in message news:1158783173.808654.70520(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > E. Hill wrote:
> >> We've been using stage tape from American DJ for years... Recently, they
> >> changed to Intertape AC36, which is a medium-strength duct tape that
> >> leaves
> >> lots of residue.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions on a decent tape that can be used on carpet? (We use
> >> Permacel 665 for gaff tape, but it doesn't seem to stick well to carpet.)
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Eric
> >
> > Try Vincent Lighting Systems
> > Cleveland 800-922-5356
> > Pittsburgh 800-877-5356
> > Cincinnati 800-356-5356
> > Grand-Vincent Detroit 800-644-7263
> >
> > www.vincentlighting.com/
> >
> > They supply a variety of Gaff tape, spike tape,
> > and board tapes.

Spike tape is the tape used to locate places on the
stage for props, dancer's reference points,etc.
The term may come from the phrase
"spike a mark", I'm not sure.
Usually 1/2" wide, variety of colors, similar to gaff.
Great for multiple microphones,brighter than
colored electrical tapes.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: elektrovoice sx 200