From: Per on
Hi.
I`m about to buy some new "tops" for my rock`n`roll bands PA, and I came
across these EV`s to 500$ a pair. Any experience with them, good or bad? any
recommondation for something else, under the price of 1000$ a pair.We play
small to medium places, 30-200 people.
Thanks in advance.
Per
DK

From: Doug Moran on
In article <450b12c1$0$20266$edfadb0f(a)dread16.news.tele.dk>,
"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote:

> Hi.
> I`m about to buy some new "tops" for my rock`n`roll bands PA, and I came
> across these EV`s to 500$ a pair. Any experience with them, good or bad? any
> recommondation for something else, under the price of 1000$ a pair.We play
> small to medium places, 30-200 people.
> Thanks in advance.
> Per
> DK

Fine speaker. If you cross them over with a sub they will be pretty
good.

$500 a pair seems a little high. The serial number indicates the year
of manufacture. If I was offered $500 a pair for my SX-300's I'd take
it, and they are perfect with covers. For whatever reason (and the
Google archives might have something on this), the SX-200 didn't last
long till the SX-300 replaced them. The SX-100's are still offered I
think, and I recently sold a pair of them for $300.

Other small cabinets would be lower end EAWs, Yorkville, maybe the
Turbosounds but I've never heard them.

Doug
From: Q on

"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi.
> I`m about to buy some new "tops" for my rock`n`roll bands PA, and I came
> across these EV`s to 500$ a pair. Any experience with them, good or bad?
any
> recommondation for something else, under the price of 1000$ a pair.We play
> small to medium places, 30-200 people.
> Thanks in advance.
> Per
> DK

Unless they look like they have been tied to a car and driven around
Halmtorvet, the price you mention is OK for a set of used SX200.

Eventho its an older box, its still a pretty good box for a small rig..

The TMS2s you were looking at are still a better option for the larger gigs,
but for cafe / bar work, SX200 will be fine.... + You can always move them
to monitor duty if you decide to upgrade the system..

/peter, voidaudio.dk

From: Per on
Thanks for your answers.
To Peter, I really wanted these turbosound`, but I cant get a straight
answer from seller, wether they are sold or still for sale...so I might go
for the sx 200`s or maybe something else is coming up.
Regards.
Per

From: Frisco on
I have a pair and love 'em. My band loves 'em too. They sound great,
they're practically indestructable and they're light to haul around
(32 lbs I think?). $500/pr is on the slightly high side unless
they're mint tho. $400 might be a better price. (is that in US
dollars?)

Paul

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:53:21 +0200, "Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote:

>Hi.
>I`m about to buy some new "tops" for my rock`n`roll bands PA, and I came
>across these EV`s to 500$ a pair. Any experience with them, good or bad? any
>recommondation for something else, under the price of 1000$ a pair.We play
>small to medium places, 30-200 people.
>Thanks in advance.
>Per
>DK