From: Thorsten Kiefer on
Hi,
I wrote a small example for the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter Kit.
It uses the sram to store graphics data.
Actually basing on this module I wanted to code a fractal generator.
Here is the link, maybe someone finds it useful :
http://tokis-edv-service.de/index.php/beispiele/spartan-3-example-1
The last test is a rather long time ago.

Best Regards
Thorsten
From: HT-Lab on

"Thorsten Kiefer" <info(a)tokis-edv-service.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I wrote a small example for the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter Kit.
> It uses the sram to store graphics data.
> Actually basing on this module I wanted to code a fractal generator.
> Here is the link, maybe someone finds it useful :
> http://tokis-edv-service.de/index.php/beispiele/spartan-3-example-1

Why would anybody find this useful? You only provide a bit file for one
particular prototype board. I would add the code or at least add some comments
on the lessons learned writing for this board.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

From: Thorsten Kiefer on
Am Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:00:09 -0000 schrieb HT-Lab:

> "Thorsten Kiefer" <info(a)tokis-edv-service.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I wrote a small example for the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter Kit.
>> It uses the sram to store graphics data.
>> Actually basing on this module I wanted to code a fractal generator.
>> Here is the link, maybe someone finds it useful :
>> http://tokis-edv-service.de/index.php/beispiele/spartan-3-example-1
>
> Why would anybody find this useful? You only provide a bit file for one
> particular prototype board. I would add the code or at least add some comments
> on the lessons learned writing for this board.
>
> Hans
> www.ht-lab.com
>

>> The last test is a rather long time ago.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Thorsten

Right it's not too useful. I'll provide the code I coded myself.
But I cannot provide the source code, that I took from the book.
Thanks for the comment !

Thorsten
From: Thorsten Kiefer on
Am Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:06:04 +0100 schrieb Thorsten Kiefer:

> Am Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:00:09 -0000 schrieb HT-Lab:
>
>> "Thorsten Kiefer" <info(a)tokis-edv-service.de> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I wrote a small example for the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter Kit.
>>> It uses the sram to store graphics data.
>>> Actually basing on this module I wanted to code a fractal generator.
>>> Here is the link, maybe someone finds it useful :
>>> http://tokis-edv-service.de/index.php/beispiele/spartan-3-example-1
>>
>> Why would anybody find this useful? You only provide a bit file for one
>> particular prototype board. I would add the code or at least add some comments
>> on the lessons learned writing for this board.
>>
>> Hans
>> www.ht-lab.com
>>

>>> The last test is a rather long time ago.
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Thorsten
>
> Right it's not too useful. I'll provide the code I coded myself.
> But I cannot provide the source code, that I took from the book.
> Thanks for the comment !
>
> Thorsten

I added 2 files of source now.
Is it more useful now ?

Thorsten
From: HT-Lab on

> Am Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:06:04 +0100 schrieb Thorsten Kiefer:
>
>> Am Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:00:09 -0000 schrieb HT-Lab:
>>
>>> "Thorsten Kiefer" <info(a)tokis-edv-service.de> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Why would anybody find this useful? You only provide a bit file for one
>>> particular prototype board. I would add the code or at least add some
>>> comments
>>> on the lessons learned writing for this board.
>>>
>>> Hans
>>> www.ht-lab.com

>> Right it's not too useful. I'll provide the code I coded myself.
>> But I cannot provide the source code, that I took from the book.
>> Thanks for the comment !
>>
>> Thorsten
>
> I added 2 files of source now.
> Is it more useful now ?
>
> Thorsten

Much better, however, there shouldn't be a problem listing the code from an
educational book provided you acknowledge/credit the author.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2