From: Francesco on
Hi all,
seems that Xilinx has decided to have only one distributor... and
NuHorizons seems out of business. Does anybody know the reason behind?
I believed was a good idea to have have the opportunity to buy from 2
distributors.
From: Antti on
On Mar 18, 4:03 pm, Francesco <francescopoder...(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
> seems that Xilinx has decided to have only one distributor... and
> NuHorizons seems out of business. Does anybody know the reason behind?
> I believed was a good idea to have have the opportunity to buy from 2
> distributors.

nu is not out business yet, just not allowed to sell X products any
more...

funny, i just ordered last s3a stock from nu, well they only had 5 pcs
of that device, but did feel good, to BUY all their stock for some
item,
but i am very disappointed about Nuh, they said shipping 75$ but then
on
bill it was 123$ and it takes about 10 days to arrive!! They did ship
same day, but the UPS just takes forever...

Antti
From: DJ Delorie on
On 03/18/2010 10:03 AM, Francesco wrote:
> seems that Xilinx has decided to have only one distributor...

Really? Their authorized distributors page lists two.
From: John Larkin on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:03:38 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
<francescopoderico(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>seems that Xilinx has decided to have only one distributor... and
>NuHorizons seems out of business. Does anybody know the reason behind?
>I believed was a good idea to have have the opportunity to buy from 2
>distributors.

Yup. NuH may have to rif around 200 FAEs. Xilinx was something like
35% of their business. It was apparently a shock to them.

I suppose this is a good time to hire unemployed FPGA guys... I might
do that.

John

From: Jon Beniston on
> Does anybody know the reason behind?

"This new, single global channel partner model will reduce
redundancies within Xilinx distribution operations and is part of
Xilinx's ongoing efficiency efforts," said the spokesperson

From http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=223101307

> seems that Xilinx has decided to have only one distributor

"The spokesperson said Xilinx would continue to use Digikey" along
with Avnet.

Jon