From: maxascent on
Phil, what board are you using? Cant you just swap the oscillator for a
faster one?

Jon

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Philip Pemberton on
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 03:20:59 -0500, maxascent wrote:

> Phil, what board are you using? Cant you just swap the oscillator for a
> faster one?

An Enterpoint Drigmorn2.

The oscillator is a tiny little SMD thing, enclosed on one side by the
SDRAM chip and on the other by a large SMD capacitor. Replacing it with
something else would involve a fair amount of careful SMD rework... not
something I'm keen on doing to a £120 development board.

Wiring a tin-can oscillator up to one of the GPIOs wouldn't be hard,
though I don't have any 66MHz or 75MHz tin-cans in my spares box :(

--
Phil.
usenet10(a)philpem.me.uk
From: John_H on
On Aug 12, 9:42 am, Philip Pemberton <usene...(a)philpem.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 03:20:59 -0500, maxascent wrote:
> > Phil, what board are you using? Cant you just swap the oscillator for a
> > faster one?
>
> An Enterpoint Drigmorn2.
>
> The oscillator is a tiny little SMD thing, enclosed on one side by the
> SDRAM chip and on the other by a large SMD capacitor. Replacing it with
> something else would involve a fair amount of careful SMD rework... not
> something I'm keen on doing to a £120 development board.
>
> Wiring a tin-can oscillator up to one of the GPIOs wouldn't be hard,
> though I don't have any 66MHz or 75MHz tin-cans in my spares box :(
>
> --
> Phil.
> usene...(a)philpem.me.ukhttp://www.philpem.me.uk/
> If mail bounces, replace "10" with the last two digits of the current year

Then there's the idea of using a 100 MHz clock from the CLKFX output
and using clock enables to select the main clock or the 90 degree (at
50MHz) version.

Pages: 1
Prev: Altera Sales
Next: XC5VTX240T-2FF1759I4177