From: FPGA on
Could someone please help me to identify the suffix, "4177", on this
Virtex-5 device and what it calls out as well as the meaning? Could I
use this device in replace of the XC5VTX240T-2FF1759I (Without 4177
suffix)? Avnet advertizes them both however the one with the "4177"
suffix is roughly $1,000.00 more? It seems it wouldnt be a custom
device or customer code as they advertize both to the public? Anyones
Help on this is appreciated.

XC5VTX240T-2FF1759I4177 ?

Thank you,

Dave
From: MM on
Their database is a mess. I am pretty sure it is the same device. In any
case, just give them a call...

/Mikhail

From: Ed McGettigan on
On Aug 12, 12:16 pm, FPGA <dgreg...(a)sgidirect.com> wrote:
> Could someone please help me to identify the suffix, "4177", on this
> Virtex-5 device and what it calls out as well as the meaning? Could I
> use this device in replace of the XC5VTX240T-2FF1759I (Without 4177
> suffix)? Avnet advertizes them both however the one with the "4177"
> suffix is roughly $1,000.00 more? It seems it wouldnt be a custom
> device or customer code as they advertize both to the public? Anyones
> Help on this is appreciated.
>
> XC5VTX240T-2FF1759I4177 ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dave

This is not a standard device and it should not be listed on Avnet's
website. The extra digits refer to a Specification Control Document,
SCD, that indicate how this device deviates from the production
datasheet or is tested in a way that a customer has requested that is
different from the standard test program.

Ed McGettigan
--
Xilinx Inc.