From: Henri Wilson on
On 7 Jul 2005 00:41:52 -0700, "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:

>> >Redshift does not affect temperature estimates of a star, which
>> >are mostly based on analysis of line strengths, many of which
>> >are cross-correlated with each other. An anomaly such as you
>> >propose should have been long noticed.
>> >http://www.astronomynotes.com/starprop/s12.htm
>>
>> No it wouldn't ....becasue light speed is assumed to be c.
>>
>> >Sounds like you are predicting a HUGE correction to the
>> >Cepheid luminosity-distance relationship.
>>
>> there probably isn't a relationship at all.
>>

>> >Allen summarizes a century of work establishing the Cepheid
>> >distance scale:
>> >http://www.institute-of-brilliant-failures.com
>>

>> >Other publications dealing with the Cepheid luminosity-distance
>> >relationship:
>> >http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=1999ASPC..167..113P&amp;db_key=AST&amp;data_type=HTML&amp;format=
>> >http://www.rssd.esa.int/Hipparcos/pstex/pr-14Feb97.html
>> >http://spiff.rit.edu/classes/phys240/lectures/lmc/lmc.html
>>
>> all based on constant c.
>> Not worth the paper they are written on.
>
>What paper? These are online. Divide-by-zero error.
>
>Anyhow, you have made your position clear. A century of scientific
>inquiry involving many thousands of scientists is completely
>misguided. Only you, the great Henri Wilson, have the true answer.

It appears so.

>Despite the fact that you have predicted nothing correctly.

Well I have certainly cleared up that GPS 'GR correction' nonsense.

>Jerry

HW.
www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm

Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.
The most useful thing I have ever done is prove Einstein wrong.
From: G on

Henri Wilson wrote:
> On 6 Jul 2005 21:01:23 -0700, "G" <gehan(a)dialog.lk> wrote:
>

> >Henri Wilson wrote:

> >> Very funny :).
> >
> >But, take hope. There are articles that say that GPS cannot work
> >without
> >SRT, and is proof of SRT. There are articles that say the opposite.
> >
> >Our task is simple: with the help of our friends here, we will
> >have to find out who is right. (unless you have already found out).
>
> I have. See my thread about the GR clock correction.

> >> No. Must be done in space.
> >
> >But won't light reaching the instrument be anything but c?
>
> After passing through the atmosphere, who knows?
>
> >averaging out atmospheric disturbances can't it be done? Anyway
> >good candidate for next shuttle launch. If they don't
> >want to keep their jobs that is.
>
> No, it cannot be done on Earth. All complications must be eliminated.

So NASA must be knowing about it: my previous post disappeared, I
wonder
if there is a theory of conspiracy?

From: Henri Wilson on
On 8 Jul 2005 02:24:30 -0700, "G" <gehan(a)dialog.lk> wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:
>> On 6 Jul 2005 21:01:23 -0700, "G" <gehan(a)dialog.lk> wrote:
>>

>> >averaging out atmospheric disturbances can't it be done? Anyway
>> >good candidate for next shuttle launch. If they don't
>> >want to keep their jobs that is.
>>
>> No, it cannot be done on Earth. All complications must be eliminated.
>>

>So NASA must be knowing about it: my previous post disappeared, I
>wonder
>if there is a theory of conspiracy?

conspiracies are everywhere

From: G on

Henri Wilson wrote:
> On 8 Jul 2005 02:24:30 -0700, "G" <gehan(a)dialog.lk> wrote:
>

> >Henri Wilson wrote:

> >> No, it cannot be done on Earth. All complications must be eliminated.
> >>

> >So NASA must be knowing about it: my previous post disappeared, I
> >wonder
> >if there is a theory of conspiracy?
>
> conspiracies are everywhere

Anyway, an experiment can be done using the space shuttle and two
satellites, timing radio signals between all of them. If there
is a time difference due to relative movement, then we know we are
right.

Any idea of the experimental error of measuring c over a distance
of the earth' diameter with a source speed of 50,000 kmh?

Will it show, and if it does not show then how can anyone
claim SRT is proven because NASA calculations are based on them?

From: G on

Henri Wilson wrote:
> On 6 Jul 2005 21:01:23 -0700, "G" <gehan(a)dialog.lk> wrote:
>

> >Henri Wilson wrote:

> >> Very funny :).
> >
> >But, take hope. There are articles that say that GPS cannot work
> >without
> >SRT, and is proof of SRT. There are articles that say the opposite.
> >
> >Our task is simple: with the help of our friends here, we will
> >have to find out who is right. (unless you have already found out).
>
> I have. See my thread about the GR clock correction.

I cannot imagine why certain people do not want me to divide distance
between two photons passing each other by the time since the
photons crossed. I get 2c but that is an illusion. Look carefully
the two becomes a one.

Why is this? Nothing I in the calculation conflicts with SRT