From: Victar Shawnberger on
according to a bible study, measurements of speed of light done in the
past revealed much larger values than those they measure today

so is not about accuracy, for instance they never measured it under
299000 km/s

hence i could safely predict a speed of light under 298000 km/s in
2100

why is the speed of light getting slower, entropy as well?
From: dlzc on
Dear Victar Shawnberger:

On Jul 6, 3:04 pm, Victar Shawnberger <vic...(a)dcemail.com> wrote:
> according to a bible study, measurements of
> speed of light done in the past revealed much
> larger values than those they measure today

It does not say this in the bible. Setterfield's work was an
interesting study in ignoring the metrology behind measurements.

> so is not about accuracy, for instance they
> never measured it under 299000 km/s

They never measured it in the bible. It was not measured prior to the
1600s. Galileo came up with "too fast to measure with a lamp, shutter
and stopwatch".

> hence i could safely predict a speed of
> light under 298000 km/s in 2100

The speed of light is an established constant. It has been since
1983. The meter is now defined such that if c changed, so would the
meter to compensate. Since we are not getting anomalous readings in
the Universe around us, this seems to have been a sound choice.

> why is the speed of light getting slower,
> entropy as well?

You are confused by someone with an agenda. Here, look at what alloy
bars do over time:
http://nvl.nist.gov/pub/nistpubs/jres/104/3/html/j43bee.htm

.... and clocks were not good standards until the 1940s.

David A. Smith
From: Victar Shawnberger on
On Jul 7, 12:51 am, dlzc <dl...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> Dear Victar Shawnberger:
>
> On Jul 6, 3:04 pm, Victar Shawnberger <vic...(a)dcemail.com> wrote:
>
> > according to a bible study, measurements of
> > speed of light done in the past revealed much
> > larger values than those they measure today
>
> It does not say this in the bible. Setterfield's

not sure, but at a bible study they said

> work was an
> interesting study in ignoring the metrology behind measurements.
>
> > so is not about accuracy, for instance they
> > never measured it under 299000 km/s
>
> They never measured it in the bible. It was not measured prior to the
> 1600s. Galileo came up with "too fast to measure with a lamp, shutter
> and stopwatch".

you misunderestimate ancient civilizations, which were more advanced
then they are today

they build the pyramids and such, remember?

and the stars and planets were closer to earth than it is today, hence
travel from a planet to another was a piece of cake

> > hence i could safely predict a speed of
> > light under 298000 km/s in 2100
>
> The speed of light is an established constant. It has been since

yes, thus it still will be constant at that time but at a lower value,
seems you did not got the point

> 1983. The meter is now defined such that if c changed, so would the
> meter to compensate. Since we are not getting anomalous readings in
> the Universe around us, this seems to have been a sound choice.
>
> > why is the speed of light getting slower,
> > entropy as well?
>
> You are confused by someone with an agenda. Here, look at what alloy
> bars do over time:http://nvl.nist.gov/pub/nistpubs/jres/104/3/html/j43bee.htm
>
> ... and clocks were not good standards until the 1940s.

yes, but no thanks, if not good standards then some of the sampled
values should had been less than the todays value, in order for the
errorbars and standard deviation to be symmetric around the right
value

they are not

From: BURT on
On Jul 6, 4:11 pm, Victar Shawnberger <vic...(a)dcemail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 12:51 am, dlzc <dl...(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Dear Victar Shawnberger:
>
> > On Jul 6, 3:04 pm, Victar Shawnberger <vic...(a)dcemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > according to a bible study, measurements of
> > > speed of light done in the past revealed much
> > > larger values than those they measure today
>
> > It does not say this in the bible.  Setterfield's
>
> not sure, but at a bible study they said
>
> > work was an
> > interesting study in ignoring the metrology behind measurements.
>
> > > so is not about accuracy, for instance they
> > > never measured it under 299000 km/s
>
> > They never measured it in the bible.  It was not measured prior to the
> > 1600s.  Galileo came up with "too fast to measure with a lamp, shutter
> > and stopwatch".
>
> you misunderestimate ancient civilizations, which were more advanced
> then they are today
>
> they build the pyramids and such, remember?
>
> and the stars and planets were closer to earth than it is today, hence
> travel from a planet to another was a piece of cake
>

> > > hence i could safely predict a speed of
> > > light under 298000 km/s in 2100
>
> > The speed of light is an established constant.  It has been since
>
> yes, thus it still will be constant at that time but at a lower value,
> seems you did not got the point
>
> > 1983.  The meter is now defined such that if c changed, so would the
> > meter to compensate.  Since we are not getting anomalous readings in
> > the Universe around us, this seems to have been a sound choice.
>
> > > why is the speed of light getting slower,
> > > entropy as well?
>
> > You are confused by someone with an agenda.  Here, look at what alloy
> > bars do over time:http://nvl.nist.gov/pub/nistpubs/jres/104/3/html/j43bee.htm
>
> > ... and clocks were not good standards until the 1940s.
>
> yes, but no thanks, if not good standards then some of the sampled
> values should had been less than the todays value,  in order for the
> errorbars and standard deviation to be symmetric around the right
> value
>
> they are not
>

> > David A. Smith- Hide quoted text -

If the Earth's speed around the Sun is taken into account it will slow
time. Also rotation turning of the Earth has a speed that programs
into motion Gamma. This turn speed also slows time.

Light will seem to increase in speed when the measurimng devices clock
run slow.

You can enter slower physics either by accelerating energy or by it
going into greater gravity.

Mitch Raemsch
From: dlzc on
Dear Victar Shawnberger:

On Jul 6, 4:11 pm, Victar Shawnberger <vic...(a)dcemail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 12:51 am, dlzc <dl...(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Dear Victar Shawnberger:
>
> > On Jul 6, 3:04 pm, Victar Shawnberger <vic...(a)dcemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > according to a bible study, measurements of
> > > speed of light done in the past revealed much
> > > larger values than those they measure today
>
> > It does not say this in the bible.
>
> not sure, but at a bible study they said

Can you not read the book yourself? Surely they gave citations.

> > Setterfield's work was an interesting study in
> > ignoring the metrology behind measurements.
>
> > > so is not about accuracy, for instance they
> > > never measured it under 299000 km/s
>
> > They never measured it in the bible.  It was
> > not measured prior to the 1600s.  Galileo came
> > up with "too fast to measure with a lamp, shutter
> > and stopwatch".
>
> you misunderestimate ancient civilizations, which
> were more advanced then they are today
>
> they build the pyramids and such, remember?

But they did not measure c, and they did not have good clocks.

> and the stars and planets were closer to earth
> than it is today, hence travel from a planet to
> another was a piece of cake

OK, so I was right, you are the "fake idiot".

David A. Smith