From: James A. Fortune on
In:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp/browse_frm/thread/b0d86821db18ad24

Rich P asked about incrementing loops in C# similar to using STEP 2 in
a VB For... Next loop. Suppose I wish to have some version of Access
use a managed .NET routine for marshalling data on a machine with M
cores available for processing. I would like to divvy up the
available N records for parallel processing. Is there a best way to
divide the records, say stepping through every Mth record, as opposed
to grabbing groups of about N \ M "contiguous" records? If a backend
is an A97 database, does record locking versus page locking affect the
selection process?

Thanks,

James A. Fortune
CDMAPoster(a)FortuneJames.com