From: Cottonmouth on
"Howard" <howard6kentNOSPAM(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> "Tamiami" <nospam(a)nospam.moc> wrote in message
>>
>> Thanks Howard. Are you overclocked? If so, is it stable?
>
> No overclocking. I'm running Win 98SE with an AMD Athlon processor
> (as AMD intended).
>
> I haven't experienced any stability problems with programs that were
> already installed (under the original Win98). So far, the only new
> program I've installed with the modified Win system is OpenOffice 3.0.
> Fingers crossed - everything seems to be working okay.

I'd be curious to know if Firefox 3.x would run with the modified kernel.
I've been having hell with Firefox 2.0.0.18 crashing when opening some
Shockwave clips. TruTV.com comes to mind first. It tries to run a
Shockwave clip at the beginning and down goes Firefox. Of course, it warns
me that it's screwed but it still has to be shut down.
From: Auric__ on
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:46:20 GMT, Cottonmouth wrote:

> I'd be curious to know if Firefox 3.x would run with the modified
> kernel. I've been having hell with Firefox 2.0.0.18 crashing when
> opening some Shockwave clips. TruTV.com comes to mind first. It tries
> to run a Shockwave clip at the beginning and down goes Firefox. Of
> course, it warns me that it's screwed but it still has to be shut down.

Have you considered disabling Shockwave?

--
I don't think it's "DUNGEON"; I think it's "D'GU'NONE".
From: polter on
I had no problems with any Win 98 programs after installing KernelEX,
but have had no luck so far with programs that required Win 2000 or
Win XP. Was hoping Google_Earth would run under it, but doesn't...

From: Cottonmouth on
"Auric__" <not.my.real(a)email.address> wrote in

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:46:20 GMT, Cottonmouth wrote:
>
>> I'd be curious to know if Firefox 3.x would run with the modified
>> kernel. I've been having hell with Firefox 2.0.0.18 crashing when
>> opening some Shockwave clips. TruTV.com comes to mind first. It tries
>> to run a Shockwave clip at the beginning and down goes Firefox. Of
>> course, it warns me that it's screwed but it still has to be shut down.
>
> Have you considered disabling Shockwave?

No, I just upgraded to XP and Firefox3. Fuckit, I don't like disabling
applications.
From: Auric__ on
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 05:11:24 GMT, Cottonmouth wrote:

> "Auric__" <not.my.real(a)email.address> wrote in
>
>> Have you considered disabling Shockwave?
>
> No, I just upgraded to XP and Firefox3. Fuckit, I don't like disabling
> applications.

*I* don't like Shockwave (or Flash, or anything similar).

--
Darwin whispers to me at night!
He says, "Kill the unfit! Kill the unfit!"