From: SteveH on
Rocks. Massively.

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:05:01 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH)
wrote:

>Rocks. Massively.

Over 3G?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
On diving in UK waters:
'Sharp edges? Must be the wreck.'
From: SteveH on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:05:01 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
> >Rocks. Massively.
>
> Over 3G?

Did a bit of a test in the car earlier.

Works very well where you have a stable 3G connection. Things improved
when I swapped my usual T-Mobile SIM for the O2 SIM I got with the
phone.

I have now synched a playlist of stuff to listen to in the car tomorrow.

Only one minor-ish issue has come to light - I need a ground loop
isolator for my AUX port. Oh, and since OS 3.0 I can no longer use my
Belkin iTrip with the iPhone if I'm in a car without AUX or USB.

In other news - I can also confirm that tethering works very well over
3G, too. (Was stuck in a hotel without T-Mobile 3G access last 2 nights
- so tried tethering with the O2 SIM mentioned above)

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:12:33 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH)
wrote:

>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:05:01 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Rocks. Massively.
>>
>> Over 3G?
>
>Did a bit of a test in the car earlier.
>
>Works very well where you have a stable 3G connection. Things improved
>when I swapped my usual T-Mobile SIM for the O2 SIM I got with the
>phone.

Heh! There's something about iPhone official carriers...

>I have now synched a playlist of stuff to listen to in the car tomorrow.

I'm eyeing up a paid Spotify account now. Mmmm.

>Only one minor-ish issue has come to light - I need a ground loop
>isolator for my AUX port. Oh, and since OS 3.0 I can no longer use my
>Belkin iTrip with the iPhone if I'm in a car without AUX or USB.
>
>In other news - I can also confirm that tethering works very well over
>3G, too. (Was stuck in a hotel without T-Mobile 3G access last 2 nights
>- so tried tethering with the O2 SIM mentioned above)

Excellent - by which method did you do it?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Come now, my child, if we were planning to harm you, do you think
we'd be lurking here, beside the path, in the very darkest part of
From: Adrian C on
SteveH wrote:
> Rocks. Massively.

Yup. Well impressed :)

Now got to sort out the kit to install in the car.

--
Adrian C