From: fred.what's.his.name on
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:05:14 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
wrote:

>fred.what's.his.name@? wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:47:25 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I just noticed the other day that closing Firefox causes some of the
>>> Protection of SpywareBlaster for Mozilla Firefox to become disabled.
>>> To correct this problem, I opened FF and selected
>>> Tools,Options,Privacy,Settings and then unchecked the box next to
>>> Site Preferences and then OK.
>>> If you use FF and SpywareBlaster and have FF clear your history when
>>> you close it, you might want to check this out.
>>> Buffalo
>>>

>> I don't have any such setting in FF 3.5.2.
>
>Strange, I had it in 3.5.2.
>The Site Prefrences was on the bottom left and the top of the box was titled
>"Settings for Clearing History".
>If you don't have FF set to clear your history when you exit FF, perhaps it
>won't show.
>Buffalo

in OPTIONS|PRIVACY in 3.5.2 FF

I have the following items:

Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
Rememb my browsing history for at least - 1 day
Remember download history - unchecked
Remember search and from history - unchecked
Accept cookies from sites - checked
Keep until: - I close Firefox
Clear history when Firefox closes - checked
(no Exceptions, Show Cookies or Settings were changed in any way from
default.)

Location Bar
When using the location bar, suggest - Nothing

Ok Cancel Help

-------------------------------------
That's all I have for settings on that tab.

From: fred.what's.his.name on
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:44:33 -0500, fred.what's.his.name@? wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:05:14 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
>wrote:
>

>>fred.what's.his.name@? wrote:

>>> I don't have any such setting in FF 3.5.2.
>>
>>Strange, I had it in 3.5.2.
>>The Site Prefrences was on the bottom left and the top of the box was titled
>>"Settings for Clearing History".
>>If you don't have FF set to clear your history when you exit FF, perhaps it
>>won't show.
>>Buffalo
>>

>in OPTIONS|PRIVACY in 3.5.2 FF
>
>I have the following items:
>
>Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
>Rememb my browsing history for at least - 1 day
>Remember download history - unchecked
>Remember search and from history - unchecked
>Accept cookies from sites - checked
>Keep until: - I close Firefox
>Clear history when Firefox closes - checked
>(no Exceptions, Show Cookies or Settings were changed in any way from
>default.)
>
>Location Bar
>When using the location bar, suggest - Nothing
>
>Ok Cancel Help
>
>-------------------------------------
>That's all I have for settings on that tab.

I missed where you said you went into another menu.
I was looking only in the Privacy menu without going into any of the
sub option boxes.

Yes I have Settings for Cleaning History

I have checked only these:

Browsing History
Download History
Form & Search History
Cookies
Active Logins
Cache

I have nothing checked under DATA
From: Buffalo on

fred.what's.his.name@? wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:05:14 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>> fred.what's.his.name@? wrote:

>>> I don't have any such setting in FF 3.5.2.
>>
>> Strange, I had it in 3.5.2.
>> The Site Prefrences was on the bottom left and the top of the box
>> was titled "Settings for Clearing History".
>> If you don't have FF set to clear your history when you exit FF,
>> perhaps it won't show.
>> Buffalo
>>

> in OPTIONS|PRIVACY in 3.5.2 FF
>
> I have the following items:
>
> Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
> Rememb my browsing history for at least - 1 day
> Remember download history - unchecked
> Remember search and from history - unchecked
> Accept cookies from sites - checked
> Keep until: - I close Firefox
> Clear history when Firefox closes - checked
> (no Exceptions, Show Cookies or Settings were changed in any way from
> default.)
>
> Location Bar
> When using the location bar, suggest - Nothing
>
> Ok Cancel Help

> That's all I have for settings on that tab.

To the right of 'Clear History when FireFox Closes' there should be a box
named "Settings" .
Click on that 'setting' box. That is where you should find the Site
Preferences .
Buffalo