From: m on
I know the framework calls Initialize if you use the CreateUserWizard but is there a way to have the framework call it when you are doing a custom create user page?

Mike Snyder

Harlan Messinger wrote:

Andy O'Neill wrote:I do understand that part: you are supposed to implement
22-Mar-10

Andy O'Neill wrote:

I do understand that part: you are supposed to implement it, but its the
membership framework that calls it, just as you do for event handlers
for form events. I have come across examples for that, but the examples
either ignore the name parameter or do something with it that does not
seem to make obvious sense.

On Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:04 PM
Harlan Messinger wrote:

SqlMembeshipProvider.Initialize name parameter
I am not understanding what the name parameter is for in the Initialize
method of the SqlMembershipProvider. it is supposed to be the name of the
provider instance to initialize. But this is an instance method of the
provider, so it should already know what provider it is initializing
without being told. Confusion here.

On Monday, March 22, 2010 6:20 AM
Andy O'Neill wrote:

The bit that catches my eye in msdn is where it says "This method is
The bit that catches my eye in msdn is where it says "This method is not
intended to be used directly from your code".
I have used sqlmembership extensively and never actually needed to know about
this method.
Maybe your interest is more academic though.

Andy O'Neill wrote:

I do understand that part: you are supposed to implement it, but its the
membership framework that calls it, just as you do for event handlers
for form events. I have come across examples for that, but the examples
either ignore the name parameter or do something with it that does not
seem to make obvious sense.

IIS 7.0 Extensionless UrlRewriting (Short urls)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6592d2d4-bbf4-4ecd-93df-52898c6aa5d7/iis-70-extensionless-url.aspx