From: Brandon on
Hello,

I have a situation where I am trying to create an index of words
contained in a particular table. The table is about 9,400 rows, and
the index ends up being 1,500,000 words (rows). While creating the
index, I do a select of the table, and extract the words. I cache
these word results into an array, and use that array for a prepared
insert statement into the word index table.

My problem is memory. It maxes out at about 35 MB. This is a bit
high, and what I would like to do is do an onset transaction when the
array reaches a certain size, like 10,000, then unset the array and
continue. The problem with that is I cannot commit the insert while
the fetch statement is still pending.

I have tried fetchAll instead, but still have similar memory issues.

I have also tried to commit the inserts at the end, but that causes
Sqlite to hog the memory.

Is there any way to fix this, or is this just the cost of doing
business with Sqlite?

Thanks!

From: Phpster on
Can't you do a limit in the extract SQL and mark the records extracted
so that you don't end up extraxting the same ones?

Bastien

Sent from my iPod