From: Tom Serface on
If your talking about from the tray (like messenger) you might find this
article of interest:

http://codeguru.earthweb.com/cpp/controls/statusbar/article.php/c5937/

I use the library from www.codejock.com and it also has this functionality,
plus a ton more. You may want to give that a look as well.

Tom

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I use a tooltip-like facility in the Locale Explorer, Async Explorer, Thread Affinity
Explorer, and OpenMP Explorer (I think). While I don't have a separate article on doing
popup windows, or at least don't remember writing one, I found the need to create little
popups that exceeded the capabilities of ordinary tooltips.
joe

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:06:55 -0600, Stephen Myers
<""StephenMyers\"@discussions(a)microsoft.com"> wrote:

>nexolite wrote:
>> Or how to display controls in Balloon tool tips.
>>
>> "nexolite" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please suggest me what I can do to display square shaped balloon tips and
>>> with controls in them.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>Take a look at Joe's site (http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm). I
>believe he has some code which will get you most of the way there.
>
>IIRC you create a window in which case you can do whatever you'd like.
>
>HTH
>Steve
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com