From: bas on
I am having a problem with Firefox on fBSD that does not occur with
Firefox on OSX. If I reload several times an xml page with lots of xsl
transformations and javascript, the browser will crash with

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc
Abort trap (core dumped)

Watching top shows that reloading the page eats away the memory 50M at
a time(!), then as memory is about to run out and it begins to swap,
Firefox crashes. The swapspace is only 8% used. As I mentioned above,
I cannot make Firefox on OSX crash similarly.

Anyone else see this or know an easy work around?

Thanks.

From: bas on
linux-firefox does not suffer from the same problem