From: Dumb thumb on

I used to have these options in the logout box, yet after a few
automatic updates they have become disabled.

Pover management settings does not give any comfort. And I'm running
Samsung Battery Manager 2.0.

Why the heck is it, that the automatic update of your os is changing
suitable and selected features this way?

I'm truly thinking of changing into linux or the whole thing into a
Mac.

|Filename: TurnOffWindow.JPG |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10517|

Dumb thumb
Dumb thumb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166235.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/358759.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Jose on
On Dec 22, 7:20 am, Dumb thumb <Dumb.thumb.43l...(a)DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:
> I used to have these options in the logout box, yet after a few
> automatic updates they have become disabled.
>
> Pover management settings does not give any comfort. And I'm running
> Samsung Battery Manager 2.0.
>
> Why the heck is it, that the automatic update of your os is changing
> suitable and selected features this way?
>
> I'm truly thinking of changing into linux or the whole thing into a
> Mac.

> |Filename: TurnOffWindow.JPG                                        |
> |Download:http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10517|

> Dumb thumb
> Dumb thumb's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/166235.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/358759.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Sometimes installing new MS updates on top of older non MS drivers
will cause problems.

The problem is not with the MS updates, the problem is with your other
drivers that need to also/now be updated to work with the new MS
updates.

This reeks of a video driver problem and you can verify what you have
through Device Manager. Clcick Start, Run and in the box enter:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc

Click OK.

Expand Display adapters and find your device, Properties, check the
Driver tab and then check the manufacturers World Wide Web site for an
update and later version.