From: JohnB on
"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> There is little
> difference between creating a new signature and having to edit one as far
> as
> the instructional steps needed for either.

Yeah....... Now I'm thinking that trying to automate part of this process
really isn't going to help. Because you're right, they're going to have the
same difficulty adding 2 lines, versus adding 4 lines and then editing them.
I need to write my own instructions... and just have them do the entire
thing.

Thanks.

From: Orland, Kathleen on
You can add a disclaimer to all outgoing mail on the Exchange server. GFI
Mail Essentials will do that. You can simply download the free 30 day demo.
When it expires, it leaves behind the disclaimer. You'll need to verify if
it works on the latest versions of Exchange. The last one I used it with was
Exchange 2003.

You can word the disclaimer to say whatever you want. It can be an actual
disclaimer and/or the last half of a signature.

From: frier on
On Mar 25, 6:40 pm, "JohnB" <jbri...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a way, either via a Group Policy or script, to push a company wide
> signature for Outlook clients?
>
> Our marketing people have come up with a standard signature that they want
> everyone to use and, they gave me *their* steps to provide to all users, to
> create it in in Outlook.  But many of our users will be totally lost, and
> I'll get buried in calls if we go that route.  I'd prefer to push it out,
> and then just give them instructions on how to insert a line, to add their
> own name and title.

This is quit simple (1 hr company wide) using eMailSignature Software
(3rd party) - www.outlookemailsignature.com:

((First_name)) (Last_name) - ((Title))
((Telephone_number)) - cell ((Mobile_number))
((Web_page))

John Doe - Vice President of Nothing
(877) 555-1212 - cell (877) 555-1234
www.OurWebsite.com

The campaign you schedule and attach to the group of users where it's
relevant (OUs, Distribution List, Security Group):

#1 in Making Stuff That Doesn't Work!!

You can also add company or departmental disclaimers below the
campaign if required.