From: Abradaxis on
Using a Dell Inspiron 8200 with Windows XP SP3 when I put the computer into
Standby mode, Windows seems to be shutting down, but as soon as the screen
goes black, it lights up again and windows resumes. Hibernate works
perfectly, as does normal shutdown. Only standby fails. Any help appreciated
in solving this problem. Thanks in advance.

From: David Webb on
How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477

--
Google is your friend.....