From: kbercaw on
When I create a starpack the .exe file has some information encoded
into it that I would like to change if possible. Hovering over the
icon produces a tooltip with this info:
Company: Equi4 Software
File Version: 8.5.2

If I look at the windows properties of this file, this information and
more exists:
Copyright
Language
Original File name
Product Name
Product Version
is also set.

Is there any way to control this information?

I am not able to locate info on the sdx.kit wrap command options (only
that ?options? is available). Maybe there are some options that allow
me to set this information.

Any help is appreciated :-)
From: kbercaw on
A bit more information: I found hints that this data may be able to
be set using the starpack meta data. I tried the adding this header
to the file however it did not work for me.
# @@ Meta Begin
# Application "My Application" 1.0.0
# Meta Description My description
# Meta Company My company
# Meta Platform My platform
# Meta Copyright My copyright
# Meta Language My language
# @@ Meta End

I saw that meta data can also be stored in a separate file, but once I
again I can't find the wrap options for how to include the file in the
build.
From: AF on
On Oct 1, 8:01 am, kbercaw <kevinber...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> A bit more information:  I found hints that this data may be able to
> be set using the starpack meta data.  I tried the adding this header
> to the file however it did not work for me.
> # @@ Meta Begin
> # Application "My Application" 1.0.0
> # Meta Description     My description
> # Meta Company         My company
> # Meta Platform        My platform
> # Meta Copyright       My copyright
> # Meta Language        My language
> # @@ Meta End
>
> I saw that meta data can also be stored in a separate file, but once I
> again I can't find the wrap options for how to include the file in the
> build.

the metadata goes in tclkit.inf inf the vfs dir. the format is key
value pairs. you can only replace info that is already present in the
runtime executble and the string length must be the same or shorter.
From: Harald Oehlmann on
> the metadata goes in tclkit.inf inf the vfs dir. the format is key
> value pairs. you can only replace info that is already present in the
> runtime executble and the string length must be the same or shorter.

To provide you an example:
- Application: ElmiLog
- Folder: elmilog.vfs
- Files in this folder:
- main.tcl
- tclkit.ico
- tclkit.inf
Contents of tclkit.inf:
FileDescription "ElmiLog Waagenanbindung universelle Datei"
FileVersion 2.0
LegalCopyright "Elmicron GmbH"
ProductName "ElmiLog"
-EOF-
From: kbercaw on
On Oct 2, 2:50 am, Harald Oehlmann <wortka...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> > the metadata goes in tclkit.inf inf the vfs dir. the format is key
> > value pairs. you can only replace info that is already present in the
> > runtime executble and the string length must be the same or shorter.
>
> To provide you an example:
> - Application: ElmiLog
> - Folder: elmilog.vfs
> - Files in this folder:
>   - main.tcl
>   - tclkit.ico
>   - tclkit.inf
> Contents of tclkit.inf:
> FileDescription "ElmiLog Waagenanbindung universelle Datei"
> FileVersion 2.0
> LegalCopyright "Elmicron GmbH"
> ProductName "ElmiLog"
> -EOF-

Thank you AF and Harald. You suggestions have worked nicely. I had
only one field that wasn't changed to the value I expected on my first
try. I will continue to try other key names to see if I can get my
value in it.
On the properties dialog (and also the tooltip): "File Version:
8.5.2.2" is inherited from the tclkit. I included "FileVersion
1.0.0.0" in my tclkit.inf file, and I saw the confimation message
during wrap, but it didn't overwrite the 8.5.2.2. Instead there is a
separate property called "File Version" with value "1.0.0.0". That's
confusing to have two fields named "File Version" each with a
different value, so I will want to fix it. I suspect the keyword for
the "other" "File Version" is different, maybe it's just "Version"