From: LURKER on
I remember a long time ago setting some options regarding clearing some history and similar logs. I've decided I want
to retain the "Start / Run history.

Where is that configuration?

embarrassed!
From: LDS5ZRA on
This is all linked with your browsing history. Depending on what
browser you are using, I suggest the following:

In IE8:
Tools, Internet Options,
In General Tab, click on Settings button. At the bottom there
should be a History section. The default is 20 and I suggest
change this to 20.

Also, Click on Delete Button and make sure there is no tick/ check
against History item. This is 4th item on the list.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LDS5ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LDS5ZRA 2010.
From: John John - MVP on
LURKER wrote:
> I remember a long time ago setting some options regarding clearing some
> history and similar logs. I've decided I want to retain the "Start /
> Run history.
>
> Where is that configuration?
>
> embarrassed!

Perhaps you used a tool like TweakUI or cleanup utilities like CCleaner
which have options to automatically clear MRU lists?

The list will be cleared if the ClearRecentDocsOnExit policy is enabled
in the registry:

ClearRecentDocsOnExit
[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

Anything could have enabled the policy. You can simple delete the
ClearRecentDocsOnExit value to remove the policy.

John