From: Jan E. Schotsman on
I hear Mac OS 10.6.4 is installed on new Macs, but I don't see it in
software update (I have 10.6.3).
What's up?

Jan E.

From: Jolly Roger on
In article <4c570595$0$4491$e4fe514c(a)dreader19.news.xs4all.nl>,
Jan E. Schotsman <jeschotDONT(a)SPAMMExs4all.nl> wrote:

> I hear Mac OS 10.6.4 is installed on new Macs, but I don't see it in
> software update (I have 10.6.3).
> What's up?
>
> Jan E.

I'm running 10.6.4, and obtained it through Software Update.

JR
From: Lloyd Parsons on
In article <4c570595$0$4491$e4fe514c(a)dreader19.news.xs4all.nl>,
Jan E. Schotsman <jeschotDONT(a)SPAMMExs4all.nl> wrote:

> I hear Mac OS 10.6.4 is installed on new Macs, but I don't see it in
> software update (I have 10.6.3).
> What's up?
>
> Jan E.

I don't know why you're not seeing 10.6.4. I've had it on my machine
via software update for a bit now.

--
Lloyd

From: Jim Gibson on

<http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1049>

--
Jim Gibson
From: Richard Maine on
Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons(a)mac.com> wrote:

> In article <4c570595$0$4491$e4fe514c(a)dreader19.news.xs4all.nl>,
> Jan E. Schotsman <jeschotDONT(a)SPAMMExs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > I hear Mac OS 10.6.4 is installed on new Macs, but I don't see it in
> > software update (I have 10.6.3).
>
> I don't know why you're not seeing 10.6.4. I've had it on my machine
> via software update for a bit now.

I've been seeing 10.6.4 in software update for some time, but I had
delayed installing it because of a report somewhere (I don't have a
citation handy) about it making graphics performance significantly worse
in some cases. I'm not at all sure whether the report was accurate, but
I figured it wouldn't hurt for me to wait a while just in case.

Only I "accidentally" installed it today. I decided to update iTunes, so
went into iTunes, selected check for updates, and told it to go ahead.
Having done it from within iTunes, I didn't bother to check carefully
what it was updating, as I figured that would imply just iTunes. Not
until it asked me whether it could reboot now, making me wonder why an
iTunes update would need a reboot, did I realize my mistake. (I might
suggest that there's a user interface flaw here in having an iTunes menu
item do a system-level check for updates that have nothing to do with
iTunes, but I realize that in any case I'm at least partly to blame; I
could have checked.)

Oh well. Nothing obviously wrong yet. Guess I'll just stay here.
(There's always Time Machine if I get desparate to revert, but I don't
see anything so far that seems to merit that.)

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain