From: jmorton123 on
I will give you half of what you want since it does not take any
additional programming. Here is where to find this technique: I will
be starting a blog on my site in 1 - 3 weeks. I will post a blog
announcement in this newsgroup when it is up and running.

In this blog I will explain in detail how the Steganography random
image data bytes are chosen using the Digits.txt random digits file.
When you understand this you will be able to create your own custom
Digits.txt file to access any specific image data bytes in a bitmap
image file. But you will still only be able to manipulate the LSB.

I must get paid for any additional custom application work. I just
cannot spend the time otherwise, right now.

JM

From: Mok-Kong Shen on
jmorton123 wrote:
> I will give you half of what you want since it does not take any
> additional programming. Here is where to find this technique: I will
> be starting a blog on my site in 1 - 3 weeks. I will post a blog
> announcement in this newsgroup when it is up and running.
>
> In this blog I will explain in detail how the Steganography random
> image data bytes are chosen using the Digits.txt random digits file.
> When you understand this you will be able to create your own custom
> Digits.txt file to access any specific image data bytes in a bitmap
> image file. But you will still only be able to manipulate the LSB.

I don't think that anything other than the LSB should (and need) to
be manipulated. It's favourable, if one can at any chosen pixel
arbitrarily choose also the colour where the modification takes place.
I suppose that's indeed the maximum of what a user would desire of
your stego software.

M. K. Shen

From: jmorton123 on
go to my new forum at http://kingkonglomerate.com/simplemachinesforum/

the forum can also be accessed from the downloads page at
kingkonglomerate.com

go to the Steganography category and you will get what you want: a
technique to access any pixel and any color byte you like in a bmp
file.

I just posted it there.

Others are invited to participate as well.

JM

From: Mok-Kong Shen on
jmorton123 wrote:

> go to the Steganography category and you will get what you want: a
> technique to access any pixel and any color byte you like in a bmp
> file.

Sorry, I am taking the position of a normal user of a software, who is
"lazy" to learn any "technique" to do something, i.e. understanding
or doing some programming to achieve his purposes. As I said previously,
the input that a user would want to supply is simply a file containing
a number of tuples of the following type:

pixel indentification (its location), colour , stego bit

To assure that your software has "in fact" done the correct embedding of
the stego bits as specified, it would be necessary that you provide the
following little utility to check the manipulated image:

Input: pixel indentification, colour
Output: LSB.

Note that you have to clear up all "potential" doubts of a user about
your software, including programming errors, and what is "worse" (which
I certainly don't suppose that you would ever do) that the software has
backdoors (e.g. the built-in PRNG is such that a break could be easily
done with the knowledge of the software provider).

I like also to say something against your praising of your PRNG. Even
if your PRNG were in fact a CSPRNG, nobody would buy your claim until
you have given a detailed mathematical proof. (Compare the well-known
BBS. Take a look in some literature references!). And, if yours were
a CSPRNG, then say plainly it's a CSPRNG and don't use such sentimental
terms like "bulletproof", which reminds one of the advertising words
that some merchants of the market in a small town would employ to
promote their goods. If your PRNG were really fine, you wouldn't need
to condescend to that level of marketing.

I assure you that I am not one that tries by all means (whether
scientifically justified or not) to find/claim defects of others (in
order to "indirectly" show that he himself is superior in knowledge),
though such (mean) people are not rare in internet discussion forums,
unfortunately. On the contrary, I like to see that a really practically
useful stego software becomes available.

However, I have spent till now quite much of my time earnestly trying
to advise you with the best I could think of. Anything further I could
write would be 100% repetitions and so I am sorry to say that this
would almost certainly be the last follow-up of mine to issues of your
software.

With best wishes.

M. K. Shen
From: Lucian Solaris on