From: astral on
I need decrypt openssl AES-256 encrypted file. Can someone specify online
tool that do decryption? Or standalone console application(no installation).

From: Tom St Denis on
On Jun 9, 12:10 pm, "astral" <ast...(a)news.eternal-september.org>
wrote:
> I need decrypt openssl AES-256  encrypted file. Can someone specify online
> tool that do decryption? Or standalone console application(no installation).

Ok, I'll bite, why not use openssl to decrypt it?
From: unruh on
On 2010-06-09, astral <astral(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
> I need decrypt openssl AES-256 encrypted file. Can someone specify online
> tool that do decryption? Or standalone console application(no installation).

Sure. there are lots of implimentation of AES out there. allyou need is
one of them plus the password, and you are home free.

From: astral on

"unruh" <unruh(a)wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
> On 2010-06-09, astral <astral(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> I need decrypt openssl AES-256 encrypted file. Can someone specify
>> online
>> tool that do decryption? Or standalone console application(no
>> installation).
>>

> Sure. there are lots of implimentation of AES out there. allyou need is
> one of them plus the password, and you are home free.

---------

file has extension: filename.tar.enc
How to decrypt? Password known.

From: Mr. B on
> file has extension: filename.tar.enc
> How to decrypt? Password known.

Good luck with that one. There are no publicly known ciphertext only
attacks on AES aside from a brute force search, so without the secret key
you are simply out of luck.

-- B