From: pk on
Mr. B wrote:

>> file has extension: filename.tar.enc
>> How to decrypt? Password known.
>
> Good luck with that one. There are no publicly known ciphertext only
> attacks on AES aside from a brute force search, so without the secret key
> you are simply out of luck.

Er, isn't he saying "Password known"?
From: Mr. B on
pk wrote:

> Mr. B wrote:
>
>>> file has extension: filename.tar.enc
>>> How to decrypt? Password known.
>>
>> Good luck with that one. There are no publicly known ciphertext only
>> attacks on AES aside from a brute force search, so without the secret key
>> you are simply out of luck.
>
> Er, isn't he saying "Password known"?

Yeah, I misread that. In that case, he should just use openssl to decrypt
it. Or any other AES implementation.

-- B
From: astral on

"Mr. B" <not(a)supplied.com> wrote in message
> pk wrote:

> >> Good luck with that one. There are no publicly known ciphertext only
> >> attacks on AES aside from a brute force search, so without the secret
key
> >> you are simply out of luck.
> >
> > Er, isn't he saying "Password known"?
>
> Yeah, I misread that. In that case, he should just use openssl to decrypt
> it. Or any other AES implementation.
>
> -- B
--------------

To decrypt the file:

openssl aes-256-cbc -d -a -in filename.tar.enc -out filename.tar

Where to get this utility???? I need decoding tool without installation.

From: Globemaker on

> openssl aes-256-cbc -d -a -in filename.tar.enc -out filename.tar
>
> Where to get this utility???? I need decoding tool without installation.- Hide quoted text -

I will decode it for you. Give me the file and the key and I will go
to Yahoo to learn which website has the tool. Then I will install the
tool and use it. Then you do not need to install it. I am online every
day to provide help to all people who do not want to install software.
Welcome...

From: astral on

"Globemaker" <alanfolmsbee(a)cabanova.com> wrote in message

> > openssl aes-256-cbc -d -a -in filename.tar.enc -out filename.tar
> >
> > Where to get this utility???? I need decoding tool without
installation.- Hide quoted text -

> I will decode it for you. Give me the file and the key and I will go
> to Yahoo to learn which website has the tool. Then I will install the
> tool and use it. Then you do not need to install it. I am online every
> day to provide help to all people who do not want to install software.
> Welcome...

-------

I appreciate your humor.. :)) But is there standalone console version of
that "openssl", which does not need installation? I googled, but didn't
find anything..