From: Arnold Trembley on
Jeff Campbell wrote:
> William M. Klein wrote:
>> Following is another test program that I want to know if it passes on
>> all systems or if/when it fails. This program may NOT get a clean
>> compile with all compilers. The '02 Standard lets you do an IF
>> NUMERIC test on PACKED=DECIMAL data items, but this was not allowed by
>> the '85 Standard. I think that many (possibly most) compilers DID
>> allow it, but some tests might get compile time errors (or at least
>> warnings).
>>
>> After this, I may try one more test with binary data-items.
>>
>> Please just let me know if this passes. Only if it fails do I
>> need/want to see the results.
>>
> All 5 passed:
>
> OpenVMS (TM) Alpha Operating System, Version V8.3
> Compaq COBOL V2.8-1286
>
> Jeff

PP 5655-G53 IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS 3.4.1

********************************* TOP OF DATA **************
==> Start Big-Endian Tests
ADD Test Passed, Num2=564928786
SUBTRACT Test Passed, Num2=001245184
MULTIPLY test Passed, Num2=000015129
DIVIDE test Passed, Num4=0059026
Num5=81300
==> End Big-Endian Tests
******************************** BOTTOM OF DATA ************

With kindest regards,

--
http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/
From: William M. Klein on
Arnold,
I don't know how much difference it would make, but which TRUNC option was
this run with?

--
Bill Klein
wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com