From: Mark Entzminger on
I have a web form that allows users to enter information in a web
form. Two fields (username and email) are set in Access 2007 to Index
(No Duplicates), however when testing the forms duplicate entries are
not created in Access, however the website functions as if the
username and email were unique when in fact they are not.

My question is: How do I

1. Verify the information entered into the form prior to clicking the
submit button

OR,

2. How can I tell front page to display an error message that stating
the username or email is already in use?

I'm using FP 2003, Access 2007, Windows XP
From: Mark Entzminger on
On Jan 9, 2:45 pm, Mark Entzminger <en...(a)me.com> wrote:
> I have a web form that allows users to enter information in a web
> form.  Two fields (username and email) are set in Access 2007 to Index
> (No Duplicates),  however when testing the forms duplicate entries are
> not created in Access, however the website functions as if the
> username and email were unique when in fact they are not.
>
> My question is:  How do I
>
> 1.  Verify the information entered into the form prior to clicking the
> submit button
>
> OR,
>
> 2.  How can I tell front page to display an error message that stating
> the username or email is already in use?
>
> I'm using FP 2003, Access 2007, Windows XP

The form was created using the Database Interface Wizard. Not sure if
that piece of information makes a difference or not.

Thanks.
From: Mark Entzminger on
On Jan 9, 2:52 pm, Mark Entzminger <en...(a)me.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2:45 pm, Mark Entzminger <en...(a)me.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a web form that allows users to enter information in a web
> > form.  Two fields (username and email) are set in Access 2007 to Index
> > (No Duplicates),  however when testing the forms duplicate entries are
> > not created in Access, however the website functions as if the
> > username and email were unique when in fact they are not.
>
> > My question is:  How do I
>
> > 1.  Verify the information entered into the form prior to clicking the
> > submit button
>
> > OR,
>
> > 2.  How can I tell front page to display an error message that stating
> > the username or email is already in use?
>
> > I'm using FP 2003, Access 2007, Windows XP
>
> The form was created using the Database Interface Wizard.  Not sure if
> that piece of information makes a difference or not.
>
> Thanks.

SOLVED: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314440

Now, how do I customize the Error Page?