From: Tigerxxx on
Hello,

If I use MS Excel as the backend/database for a website instead of MS Access
or MS SQL, how stable is it?
Can you please offer any information on the pros and cons of doing so?

Thank you
From: Hot-text on
Ask microsoft.public.excel Newsgroups they will have the Answer

how stable is it!

From: Ronx on
Using Excel will limit your users to one at a time. Excel is not easy to use
in a website, but it can be done, however, no-one will recommend it. Two
simultaneous users may crash it.

MsAccess limits you to about 10 simultaneous users, but in most low traffic
websites with well written scripts is adequate and stable. Any large
updates to the database means it will have to be updated offline and
uploaded to the site. If users write data to the database the site will
have to be taken off line whilst the database is maintained to avoid data
loss.

Ms SQL Server is good for high traffic situations, and where a lot of data
is involved, with none of the problems above.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)