From: BabsC on
hosting a website www.womencontemporaryartists.com. one page has stopped
working and can't re-create. it's the link to WCA exhibitions. the heading
displays but text and tables seem non existent. I have never had this problem
with any website. using vista and frontpage 03 and godaddy server. godaddy
and microsoft have no answers.
--
BabsC
From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on

"BabsC" <BabsC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hosting a website www.womencontemporaryartists.com. one page has stopped
> working and can't re-create. it's the link to WCA exhibitions. the
> heading
> displays but text and tables seem non existent. I have never had this
> problem
> with any website. using vista and frontpage 03 and godaddy server.
> godaddy
> and microsoft have no answers.
> --

Do you mean this link
<a style="text-decoration: none" href="WCA%20Exhibition.htm">Current
&nbsp;</a>
to this page
http://www.womencontemporaryartists.com/WCA%20Exhibition.htm ?

If so, it works fine in IE8

I see all this text

Current and Upcoming Exhibitions
Click here for Previous Exhibitions

PLYMOUTH HARBOR
on Sarasota Bay

"Members Juried Winter Exhibition"

January 5 to February 8, 2010

Opening Reception: Sunday, January 17, 4 to 6 on the Mezzanine

Gallery Hours: Monday through Friday 10am - 5pm

700 John Ringling Boulevard - Sarasota, FL 34236
(off of 41 Tamiami Trail, next to Sarasota Yacht Club on the way to St.
Armands)

941.365.2600 www.plymouthharbor.or

But having pasted that text, I noticed that it didn't display until I went
into HTML mode and changed the text colour to black.

Perhaps the problem is that the background (bio_x_ray_qx_me.jpg) is not
being used by some browsers and so the background defaults to white. White
on white is a no-no display-wise (that is, you won't see it)

One idea that comes to me is to try changing

I note that W3Schools (http://www.w3schools.com) has this info:
The background attribute was deprecated in HTML 4, and is not supported in
HTML 4.01 Strict DTD or in XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD. Use CSS instead.

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra

From: Hot-text on
Look good on Opera Internet Browser Ver: 9.50.10081.0 and 10.10 <<And>>
On Fire Fox Browser Ver:1.8.6.0 <<and>> Internet Explorer Browser Ver: 6 and
7 <<and>>
On A MSN TV Browser Vary Good the Best is see in a long time!! I give you
a Hi Five for that one!!!
Man the all of the website look and work good with MSN TV
Now that a Good Job. For you are a HTML Artist too and Vary good Webmaster!

From: Ronx on
The background image is over 175K bytes, which will take some time to load
on a slow connection. It takes 2 seconds on my 10Mbs cable connection,
which is a long time when your used to almost instant responses.

A Trevor said, use CSS to provide a red background while the image is
graphics editor.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: BabsC on
http://www.womencontemporaryartists.com/WCA%20Exhibition.htm
Thanks to all for answering. Microsof told me that the page was seen in
full in Modzilla Firefox but that is no help to me. Strangely the page was
fine three days ago. What you are seeing now is just a partial view as there
are four more exhibitions posted as well as prize winners for Plymouth
Harbor. Our WCA members rely on this site and I just don't know how to fix
it since I can't even recreate the page starting with a blank. Any other
feedback is welcome. I will keep working on it and let you know if I find a
solution (or one of those mysterious computer miracles). regards.
--
BabsC