From: Jackie on
yodadrinkslager wrote:
> After finally getting Detours to build (seems VS2008 doesnt support
> makerfiles any more so had to use VS2005) I have my detour dll working
> but the problem is the calls are coming from Python. I dont know
> which exe to inject with my dll :-(
>
> Allan

I'm using MS Detours Express 2.1 (not for commercial use) which works
fine for me with VS 2008 and 2010. It's safer to use than the old one.
Now, I don't really know much about Python but it should be easy to find
out which executable to launch and provide the path to the script as a
parameter.

Documentation for Python:
http://docs.python.org/using/index.html

Please look under "1.1 Command line".

If you want to "fix" the script a bit, just take a bit of Googling and
make up something simple like..
1. Take a certain command line parameter that your launcher specifies.
This indicates whether to set the cursor position.
2. If the parameter is present or a specific value, call SetCursorPos in
the script.

Sounds simple at least but I haven't really coded in Python before. I
can still even try to help if you would like that (because it _sounds_
simple, at least).

--
Regards,
Jackie
From: Jackie on
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/interpreter.html#argument-passing

Launching script:
python "thescript.py" '-no-setcursorpos'

In script:
if sys.argv[1] == "-no-setcursorpos":
Set the cursor pos here (cut'n'paste old code)

Something like this, maybe? Again, I don't code in Python (actually I
think this is the first time I tried to write Python code), so I can't
guarantee that it works (I don't even have the Python interpreter
installed).

I am not used to not ending if's and such so my guess is that you need
to indent lines properly. Please pardon me if I am giving you false
information.

--
Regards,
Jackie
From: Jackie on
Jackie wrote:
> if sys.argv[1] == "-no-setcursorpos":

Sorry, please change this to "not equals".

--
Regards,
Jackie
From: yodadrinkslager on
On 8 July, 14:24, Jackie <Jac...(a)an.on> wrote:
> Jackie wrote:
> > if sys.argv[1] == "-no-setcursorpos":
>
> Sorry, please change this to "not equals".
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jackie

Thanks for the info Jackie. Unfortunately I cant find where in the
python code the cursor pos is being set otherwise I would have just
removed it. Our python codebase is rather large!

Thanks
Allan
From: yodadrinkslager on
On 8 July, 14:01, Jackie <Jac...(a)an.on> wrote:
> I'm using MS Detours Express 2.1 (not for commercial use) which works
> fine for me with VS 2008 and 2010. It's safer to use than the old one.

Just to clarify, my problem was building the detour.bin file. For
some reason when I tried from VS2008 it didnt know what nmake was.
Once I added that to the path, it then failed knowing what rc.exe
was. Doing this from VS2005 worked fine (after I already wasted an
hour trying to get 2008 working). Once the bin file was compiled, I
can use detours fine in VS2008.

Cheers
Allan