From: SSi308 on
Thanks for the reply Ken.
If I add the function to the database will that affect all DateTime fields?
In addition to the LengthOfCall field there is a DateOfCall and TimeOfDay
field. Many of my reports are based on these two fields.
By adding the function will I be "breaking" anything?

Lori

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Lori:

Rest assured, adding the function to the database won't change any data at
all. All it does is reformat a value as hours;minutes:seconds when it's
called in a query or report. Calling it with the average of the LengthOfCall
fields in a query with TimeToString(Avg([LengthOfCall])) won't affect any of
the other columns or change any of the underlying values in the LengthOfCall
column, it will merely show the average as a time duration of hours;minutes:
seconds rather than as a decimal number of days, which is what you'd get if
you simply averaged the LengthOfCall values without calling the function.

BTW if you paste the function into a new module be sure to save the module
with a different name from that of the function; call it something like
basDateTimeStuff for instance, but the choice of a name for the module is
entirely yours.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

SSi308 wrote:
>Thanks for the reply Ken.
>If I add the function to the database will that affect all DateTime fields?
>In addition to the LengthOfCall field there is a DateOfCall and TimeOfDay
>field. Many of my reports are based on these two fields.
>By adding the function will I be "breaking" anything?
>
>Lori
>
>> Lori:
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 95 lines]
>> >
>> >Lori