From: af-at-work on
I have a web server that has two IIS websites, Production and
Maintenance. When I do code upgrades, I stop Production and start
Maintenance. Last night after making some code changes, I stopped the
Maintenance site and started up Production again. However, it seems to
have taken upwards of 20 minutes before the site started responding
correctly. During that 20 minutes period the requests to the site were
timing out.

In perfmon I could see the HTTP connections coming in and ramping up
but then almost immediately dropping to near 0.

Event viewer didn't have anything related...

iisreset seems to have done nothing...

Any ideas what might have caused this or where I can look for some
answers?
From: Grant Taylor on
af-at-work wrote:
> Any ideas what might have caused this or where I can look for some
> answers?

Shooting in the dark here, but could there have been half-open /
half-closed connections to the Maintenance website that needed to be
closed before the Production website could completely start?

You can check this by running "netstat" at the command line. I.e.

netstat -n | find ":80 "

Other than that, I have no idea.

Grant. . . .

Pages: 1