From: Etienne Samii - 333375 on
since applying the latest security updates, i get strange error messages
when booting xp after logging in:

userinit.exe - entry point not found
"the procedure entry point LdrGetProcedureAddressEx could not be located in
the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

"the procedure entry point SetProcessDPIAware could not be located in the
dynamic link library user32.dll"

"the procedure entry point CryptUnprotectMemory could not be located in the
dynamic link library crypt32.dll"

Does anyone have a solution?

From: "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" on
Hi,

Uninstall the updates (Control Panel/Add & Remove, put a check in the box to
"show updates"), does the problem go away? Otherwise, I would suggest
running sfc /scannow from a start/run prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone