From: whitebread on
Have had the same problem repeatedly, and attribute it to my system log and
registry being altered, maybe by a malicious client / software. Did all my
scans and system still runs too slowly for good measure.

From: FM on
When I saw this once, it was a bad disk. Check your event logs to see
if clues are being logged.

--FM /)`