From: north21 on

I'm new here trying to figure out an issue.

I have several domains. On one of these domains I type:
net user <username> /domain and get access denied when run as a regular
user.

All other domains this works as both a regular user and domain admin.

I've run wireshark and process monitor trying to figure this out and
got stuck.
Wireshark shows an OpenDomain request in SAMR that returns access
denied.

Processmon shows the connection attempt to <domain
controller>\PIPE\samr

Where is this security set? What does net user with the /domain switch
require?

The user in question above is a local admin on the computer I'm using.
This problem is on all pc's in the domain if logged into any regular
user account.

--
north21
north21's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158813.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "north21" <north21.42bwbd(a)DoNotSpam.com>

| I'm new here trying to figure out an issue.

This is where you ask, NOT forums.techarena.in

--
Dave

From: north21 on

I tried deleting this thread as it was a duplicate as I accidentally
posted twice. My issue in the previous thread is still an issue. Isn't
that what these forums are for? Helping other people solve technical
issues?

I saw a thread from a couple years ago where someone posted some
information about samr, which is why I posted here.

--
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-security/1275848.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: VanguardLH on
north21 wrote:

> Isn't that what these forums are for? Helping other people solve
> technical issues?

You are using a webnews-for-dummies gateway to Usenet so techarena.in can
pretend they have forums or pretend their community is larger than it really
is. Alas, most forum-to-Usenet gateways suck in that they do not properly
format the copy of their forum post for submission to NNTP servers so they
follow de facto or RFC standards regarding Internet messages in Usenet. I
don't have sufficient experience with posts gatewayed from techarena.in to
know if they do a proper job in formatting the posts submitted into Usenet.
For example, if you had quoted a prior post, it may show up in Usenet as
unquoted which means it is mixed in with your reply (i.e., it looks like a
jumbled mess of appended posts with no quoting levels). Some webnews
gateways are better than others; however, they are attempting to usurp
Usenet and as such you are participating in newsgroups, not really in a
forum.

To directly participate in Usenet and without the webnews-for-dummies
interface, you should use a newsreader (aka NNTP client), like Outlook
Express, Thunderbird, Xananews, Mesnews, Xnews, or whatever you like, and
connect it to an NNTP server. Microsoft operates their own free NNTP server
at msnews.microsoft.com. If your own ISP doesn't provide newsgroups service
using NNTP then there are free (text-only) NNTP providers, like
Eternal-September (nee Motzarella), Albasani, AIOE, and Teranews (with a $4
signup fee). Some are dirt cheap, like individual.net for 10 euro per YEAR.