From: Tom Hamilton Tom on
I have a specific problem. Suddenly "wierd" looking symbols typical if you
were writing music are now appearing on each new email i open to type into.
and in existing contacts. How can i get these symbols to disappear?
thamilton(a)hamiltoncirculation.com
From: VanguardLH on
Tom Hamilton wrote:

> I have a specific problem. Suddenly "wierd" looking symbols typical if you
> were writing music are now appearing on each new email i open to type into.
> and in existing contacts. How can i get these symbols to disappear?

You are using Word as your new-mail editor. Turn off its display of
formatting characters. I think Ctrl+* does that, or you could read the help
included in Word to find out the shortcut key for show/hide formatting
characters.